You are a Business Analyst working for the ABC Ball Bearing company. An hour ago, you sent an order of 74 boxes of your A1 ball bearings to a customer on your delivery truck. You have just found out that your truck is going to go over a bridge that has a weight limit of 11,500 lbs. You need to determine if your truck will safely make it over the bridge. If you determine that the truck cannot make it over the bridge, you will need to call the driver and have him/her turn back.
The plant manager has told you that an empty delivery truck with the driver weights about 8500 lbs.
You have 30 boxes of the A1 ball bearings in your plant. You immediately had them weighed. The weights of the boxes are:
40.1 41.1 39.5 40.1 39.1
41.2 37.6 39.1 41.6 40.8
43.2 38.9 38.1 43.5 36.9
39.1 40.5 41.2 37.6 44.0
38.0 39.8 42.1 38.6 41.3
43.7 36.9 43.6 38.1 40.2
- Calculate the Mean and the Standard Deviation of this sample.
- Using the normal distribution curve, calculate the probability the truck’s total weight is under 11,500 lbs. What is your decision? Will you allow the truck to continue or will you call the driver and tell him/her to turn back? Show all of your calculations.
- Discuss several types of sampling: e. convenience sampling, random sampling, stratified sampling, systematic sampling or cluster sampling. Discuss which type of sampling is used in this scenario.
- Discuss what sampling bias is. Do you believe that using the 30 boxes in your warehouse caused sampling bias?
- What does the central limit theorem state and why is it important to solving this problem. Is the thirty boxes of ball bearings enough to predict the probability of safely going over the bridge?
Use the template provided to complete a 5-page report (excluding the cover page). NOTE: Please delete all instructions and examples before submitting your work.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.