Our focus is on organizational structure and strategy implementation. For this critical thinking assignment, read the case study, W.L. Gore (Gore) & Associates: Rethinking Management (Case # 22) from your textbook. In addition, read Chapter 6, “Organizational Structure and Management Systems: The Fundamentals of Strategy Implementation.”
· Name and describe a typical company that is organized as a hierarchy.
· Describe how the following are practiced at this company—specialization, coordination, cooperation, and control.
· How does this company’s structure and management system promote the effective implementation of the company’s strategy?
· Describe how the following are practiced at Gore—specialization, coordination, cooperation, and control.
· Given that typical control mechanisms are lacking at Gore, how is the company able to effectively operate?
· How do Gore’s organizational structure and management systems promote effective strategy implementation?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
· Be 5 pages in length, which does not include the required title and reference pages, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
· Please open with what the focus of the paper is going to be to gain the reader’s interest. Example: In this paper, the student will cover the following areas . . . . Or, In the following pages the student will cover the following area . . . .
· Use academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
· Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles unless the assignment calls for more.