1. The case identifies several aspects of the Nissan response that were particularly beneficial. Expand on the points made in the case to identify the potential costs and benefits of these actions.
2. What else could Nissan have done to prepare for and respond to the disaster? Try to articulate the costs and benefits of your suggestions.
3. What could Nissan have done to assess the risk of disruption in their supply chain?
4. How did Nissan’s product line strategy help or hurt its ability to respond to and recover from the disaster?
5. How will the operational changes announced in 2012 affect Nissan’s exposure to future disruptions? How will it affect its steady-state operations? What trade-offs is management making and why?