Like other products and services, health care products and services must be marketed to potential consumers. To do this effectively, health care organizations must develop marketing plans. These plans provide organizations and their leaders with common goals for their products and services. Moreover, by relating the marketing plan to the mission, vision, and objectives of the organization, marketing plans become a tool in the strategic decision-making process. For the Final Project, you create a marketing plan for a health care organization.
Use the following case studies from the Learning Resources to be the focus of your Final Project:
-Thrive or Revive? The Kaiser Permanente “Thrive” Marketing Programs
Review the case study and consider how you might market the health care organization. For guidance on developing a marketing plan, refer to Chapter 15, “Marketing Planning” in this week’s Learning Resources.
In a 20 pages marketing plan, address the following:
- State assumptions
- Gather initial information
- Audit the market
- Determine the marketing strategy and business communication standards to be used
- Assess due diligence (any operational, financial, or human resources requirements needed to implement the plan)
- Set marketing goals and objectives
- Describe any benchmarks from other competitors or industries
- Prioritize marketing objectives
- Specify marketing actions
- Explain any global marketing issues in the marketing plan
- Specify any limitations to implementing the plan
Then, create either a slide presentation OR executive summary to present to the facility’s leadership.
- The 10- to 12-slide presentation should include presenter notes of 100- to 150-words per slide. Your presentation should summarize and defend your marketing plan. Be sure to use best practices of business communication.
- The 2-page executive summary should summarize and defend your marketing plan. Be sure to use best practices of business communication.
Note: Your Final Project must be written in standard edited English. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this module’s Learning Resources and at least 15 current scholarly sources. At least five resources should be from peer-reviewed journals. All references should be less than 5 years old. See the Final Project rubric for additional requirements related to research and scholarly writing