Task Brief: Final Assignment
As of July 2021, there were over 850,000 Knowledge Manager jobs advertised on Indeed.com. This compares with 12,500 Financial Manager jobs and 37,000
Operations Manager jobs at the same time on the same platform.
Your task is to prepare a report for a job agency director on the topic of: Preparing Candidates for the Role of Knowledge Manager. The report is intended to
help prepare unemployed managers (the ‘candidates’) for a career in Knowledge Management roles, thus increasing their potential success in finding a new job.
The report should cover the following topics:
1. A brief explanation of the term ‘Knowledge Management’
2. An explanation for the fast-growing interest on the part of companies to employ Knowledge Managers
3. A description of what a Knowledge Manager is expected to undertake (job processes) and what s/he is expected to achieve (job objectives)
4. Key competencies that a Knowledge Manager should have or acquire in order to be eligible for such roles
• Wordcount: 2,000 – 2,500 words
• Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
• Font: Arial 12 pts.
• The in-text references and the Bibliography must be in the Harvard citation style.