Part 1 (post this response in the main U2 DB thread “Unit 2 Discussion Board”)
In the Unit 1 Discussion Board, you reviewed a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, and trends (SWOTT) analysis of a fast-food franchise that was done in 2013. There have been many more recent changes with the fast-food giant toward improved business results. Read this article on these changes, and conduct a brief SWOTT analysis based on these new changes that includes the following:
- Strengths: The internal and external characteristics of a company that are stronger than its competitors
- Weaknesses: The internal and external characteristics of a company that are weaker than its competitors
- Opportunities: The issues internal and external to a company that can affect the company and its competitors in a favorable way
- Threats: The issues internal and external to a company that can affect the company and its competitors in an unfavorable way
- Trends: The internal and external patterns in the organization, market, or industry
I need the M-Z done for Part 2.
Part 2 (post this response in the appropriate topic within U2 DB (labeled “for” and “against”)
Based on the first initial of your last name, complete the following:
- First initial A-L: Provide an argument for the success of the strategies that a fast-food franchise has instituted. Submit your position by posting in the Unit 2 Debate forum under the for topic.
- First initial M-Z: Provide an argument against the ability of a fast-food franchise to succeed with these strategies. Submit your position by posting in the Unit 2 Debate forum under the against topic.
In both considerations, provide research that supports your assertions.
Responses to Other Students: Review the opposing thread comments. Respond to at least two of your classmates in the opposing thread with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Peterson, H. (2015, May 2). McDonald’s is about to unveil a huge plan to save its business – Here are 8 things investors need to hear. Retrieved from the Business Insider Web site: http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-unveils-turnaround-strategy-2015-4